Life Company Loans
Life Company Loans For Apartments and Commercial Real Estate
For apartment properties, Life Companies offer an interesting alternative to Fannie and Freddie in that they have longer loan term options and exceptionally competitive rates. They however are less competitive when it comes to leverage, especially cashing a borrower out on a refinance. Life companies further are often the most competitive option for larger balance ($10MM and up) commercial real estate loans for properties including office buildings, retail centers, single tenant retail (Walgreens, Target, Walmart, CVS, etc), and other commercial properties. Life companies generally focus on the highest class/quality assets and in this capacity are very selective when it comes to financing.
Sample Life Company Terms For Commercial Real Estate Loans
Size: $2 million and up
Term: 10 to 25 year loan terms (self amortizing options available)
Interest Rates: From 4.15%
Amortization: Up to 25 years
Maximum LTV: 75% (although often times capped at 65%)
Minimum DSCR: 1.25 x’s
Interest only period available for certain properties
- Will consider loan modifications or special requests (i.e. secondary financing) during the loan term.
- Early rate lock (up to 90 days prior to closing).
- Tend to be less aggressive on max dollar deals.
- Tend to focus just on higher class assets.
- Less likely to do cash-out deals.