Apartment and Multifamily Commercial Mortgage Financing For Foreign Nationals
The worldwide economy is constantly at change. Every country and even city has its own unique economic situation, markets, real estate values, and of course tax consequences. The United States, although with its own problems, is still sought after as a place to diversify an investment portfolio, or concentrate it, for secure, long term investment. There are few investment vehicles more stable than multifamily and commercial real estate. As such, foreign investment, especially in strong, primary markets, is growing at an unprecedented pace and Multifamily.loans is positioned to aid in the procurement of aggressive financing for foreign national investors.
As a caveat, although we work with foreign nationals from all over the world, we have extensive experience working with Canadian real estate investors and South American real estate investors. Multifamily.loans is also proud to offer CMBS financing for foreign nationals.
Sample Terms For Foreign National Multifamily and Commercial Property Loans
Amount: $1 million and up
Term: 5, 7, and 10 year loan terms
Interest Rates: 3.75% - 4.75% fixed
Amortization: 30 years
Maximum LTV: 80% (depending on property, and market)
Minimum DSCR: 1.25 x’s
Foreign National Guarantor General Requirements
- Minimum loan amount $1,000,000.
- Guarantors must have a collective net worth two times the loan amount.
- Guarantors must have liquidity greater than or equal to 18 months principal and interest payments post-closing.
- Guarantors must maintain at least one U.S. bank account maintaining a balance of at least 5% of the loan amount.
- Borrower must be a U.S. LLC or other U.S. based entity.
- Guarantors must own additional US real estate assets other than subject property and demonstrate an understanding of US business and real estate practices.